By Jan Leslie, PhD Holtz
"Luring readers in...with meticulously woven scientific vignettes, Holtz masterfully provides the mechanics and the paintings of neuropsychology....students will delight in the old roots of neuropsychology, [and] will comprehend the multiplex platforms of present neuropsychological approaches..."
-Nancy S. Koven, PhD
"...there has no longer been an to be had textual content targeting the applying of the fundamental ideas in scientific neuropsychological practice....Finally, a textual content is on the market to therapy this problem."
-Dennis Andersen, MS, LMHC
Eastern Washington collage
"A worthwhile advent to the sphere of medical neuropsychology and its terminology, this article fills a void. The reader profits an appreciation for the multifaceted position of the medical neuropsychologist, not just as an assessor of cognitive functioning but in addition as a remedy professional."
Lauren Littlefield, PhD,
This leap forward introductory text-unlike all different scientific neuropsychology textbooks at the market-introduces complex undergraduate scholars and clinicians in education to the sector through displaying undergraduate scholars how scientific neuropsychologists really perform their craft. The booklet uncovers the pro matters that scientific neuropsychologists take care of day-by-day, together with neurogenerative problems, bought issues, moral perform matters, interviewing, trying out, diagnosis and therapy making plans, drug prescriptions, and extra.
Using case reviews culled from the author's personal scientific paintings, the e-book offers scholars with firsthand debts of neuropsychology in motion. because the first textbook to combine actual, useful purposes of neuropsychology, it covers the evaluation, prognosis, and remedy of people with mind ailment or damage, instead of interpreting mind constructions and features by myself. This leading edge, application-based method of neuropsychology is sure to supply scholars a transparent, complete figuring out of what neuropsychology is and what neuropsychologists do.Key features:
- Covers center thoughts of neuropsychology, together with neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, mind constitution and serve as, and problems of the important fearful procedure
- Includes application-based issues now not lined in conventional texts, similar to: differential prognosis; person, workforce, and family members treatment; and psychopharmacology
- Discusses try out idea and evaluate, reading exams of highbrow talents, reminiscence functioning, and extra
- Extensive teachers' ancillary package deal on hand with try questions and approximately a hundred illustrations in PowerPoint structure
Read Online or Download Applied Clinical Neuropsychology: An Introduction PDF
Best psychological testing & measurement books
Speedy gather the information and talents you wish toconfidently administer, ranking, and interpret the MMPI®-2 The Minnesota Multiphasic character Inventory-2 (MMPI®-2) is the main regular attempt on the planet for character evaluation. to exploit it safely, execs desire an authoritative resource of recommendation and suggestions on how one can administer, rating, and interpret this try.
This day psychometrics performs an more and more vital position in all our lives as checking out and evaluation happens from preschool until eventually retirement. This ebook introduces the reader to the topic in all its points, starting from its early heritage, university examinations, tips to build your individual try out, controversies approximately IQ and up to date advancements in checking out on the web.
Comprises on-line entry to new, customizable WJ IV rating tables, graphs, and varieties for clinicians Woodcock-Johnson IV: stories, innovations, and techniques bargains psychologists, clinicians, and educators a vital source for getting ready and writing mental and academic studies after administering the Woodcock-Johnson IV.
Adolescence finished chance evaluation: A Clinically demonstrated technique for supporting pros offers a whole adolescence probability overview and remedy software in response to Dr. Ken Coll's 20 plus years of analysis on assessing and treating at-risk formative years. during this e-book, assisting pros will locate not just a variety of succinct and easy-to-use tests, but additionally confirmed useful, hugely particular methods and remedy thoughts.
- From Insight to Improvement: Leveraging 360-Degree Feedback
- Regression Analysis for Social Sciences
- Working Minds: A Practitioner's Guide to Cognitive Task Analysis (MIT Press)
- After Auschwitz - The Unasked Question
- Psychosocial Assessment in Mental Health
- The Consultants’ Guide to Success with 360 Degree Feedback: How to design and deliver bespoke 360 Degree Feedback your clients will love
Additional resources for Applied Clinical Neuropsychology: An Introduction
Applied Clinical Neuropsychology: An Introduction by Jan Leslie, PhD Holtz