By Andrew Taylor
Read or Download Henry James and the Father Question (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Coyness and Crime in recovery Comedy examines the extreme specialise in coy ladies in overdue seventeenth-century English comedy. performs via Etherege, Wycherley, Dryden, Behn, Shadwell, Congreve, Trotter, Southerne, Vanbrugh, and Pix—as good as a lot glossy scholarship approximately them—taint just about all female modesty with intimations of duplicity and illicit hope that needs to be contained.
After the overseas luck within the Nineteen Nineties of authors akin to Bernhard Schlink, Marcel Beyer, and Thomas Brussig, a powerful variety of new German-language novelists are creating a major impression. a few, like Karen Duve, Daniel Kehlmann, and Sasa Stanisic, have accomplished foreign popularity; a few, like Julia Franck, have received significant prizes; others, like Clemens Meyer, Alina Bronsky, and Ilja Trojanow, are really "emerging authors" who've began to draw cognizance.
First released in 1994. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
First released in 1995. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- The Values of Literary Studies: Critical Institutions, Scholarly Agendas
- Alcohol in the Writings of Herman Melville: “The Ever-Devilish God of Grog”
- Whose People?: Wales, Israel, Palestine (Writing Wales in English)
- Cities of Others: Reimagining Urban Spaces in Asian American Literature (Scott and Laurie Oki Series in Asian American Studies)
- The Cambridge Companion to Canadian Literature (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
Additional resources for Henry James and the Father Question (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture)
Henry James and the Father Question (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture) by Andrew Taylor