By Roma A. King Jr.
Read or Download The Pattern in the Web: The Mythical Poetry of Charles Williams PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Coyness and Crime in recovery Comedy examines the intense specialise in coy ladies in overdue seventeenth-century English comedy. performs through Etherege, Wycherley, Dryden, Behn, Shadwell, Congreve, Trotter, Southerne, Vanbrugh, and Pix—as good as a lot smooth scholarship approximately them—taint just about all female modesty with intimations of duplicity and illicit hope that needs to be contained.
After the overseas luck within the Nineteen Nineties of authors comparable to Bernhard Schlink, Marcel Beyer, and Thomas Brussig, a powerful variety of new German-language novelists are creating a major effect. a few, like Karen Duve, Daniel Kehlmann, and Sasa Stanisic, have completed foreign attractiveness; a few, like Julia Franck, have received significant prizes; others, like Clemens Meyer, Alina Bronsky, and Ilja Trojanow, are really "emerging authors" who've began to draw consciousness.
First released in 1994. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
First released in 1995. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Inscrutable Malice: Theodicy, Eschatology, and the Biblical Sources of Moby-Dick
- Argentine Serialised Radio Drama in the Infamous Decade, 1930–1943: Transmitting Nationhood (New Hispanisms: Cultural and Literary Studies)
- Survival: A Thematic Guide to Canadian Literature (A List)
- Understanding Dave Eggers (Understanding Contemporary American Literature)
- Love in William Shakespeare's "As You Like It"
Extra resources for The Pattern in the Web: The Mythical Poetry of Charles Williams
The Pattern in the Web: The Mythical Poetry of Charles Williams by Roma A. King Jr.