By David Seed
- This Companion conveys the size and diversity of technological know-how fiction.
- Shows how technology fiction has been used as a method of debating cultural issues.
- Essays by way of a global variety of students talk about the contexts, subject matters and techniques utilized by technological know-how fiction writers.
- Addresses common issues, corresponding to the historical past and origins of the style, its engagement with technological know-how and gender, and nationwide adaptations of technology fiction round the English-speaking world.
- Maps out connections among technological know-how fiction, tv, the cinema, digital fact expertise, and different facets of the culture.
- Includes a piece targeting significant figures, similar to H.G. Wells, Arthur C. Clarke, and Ursula Le Guin.
- Offers shut readings of specific novels, from Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein to Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale.
Read Online or Download A Companion to Science Fiction (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Coyness and Crime in recovery Comedy examines the intense specialize in coy girls in overdue seventeenth-century English comedy. performs by way of Etherege, Wycherley, Dryden, Behn, Shadwell, Congreve, Trotter, Southerne, Vanbrugh, and Pix—as good as a lot sleek scholarship approximately them—taint just about all female modesty with intimations of duplicity and illicit wish that has to be contained.
After the overseas luck within the Nineteen Nineties of authors equivalent to Bernhard Schlink, Marcel Beyer, and Thomas Brussig, a powerful variety of new German-language novelists are creating a major influence. a few, like Karen Duve, Daniel Kehlmann, and Sasa Stanisic, have accomplished foreign acceptance; a few, like Julia Franck, have received significant prizes; others, like Clemens Meyer, Alina Bronsky, and Ilja Trojanow, are really "emerging authors" who've all started to draw cognizance.
First released in 1994. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
First released in 1995. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Imitation (Routledge Revivals)
- Sartre (Modern Literatures In Perspective)
- Our Savage Art: Poetry and the Civil Tongue
- Masters of Detection: Volume One (Masters of Detection Book 1)
Extra resources for A Companion to Science Fiction (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Science Fiction (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David Seed