By Catherine Delyfer
Read Online or Download Art and Womanhood in Fin-de-Siecle Writing: The Fiction of Lucas Malet, 1880–1931: Volume 1 (Gender and Genre) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Coyness and Crime in recovery Comedy examines the intense specialize in coy girls in overdue seventeenth-century English comedy. performs by means of Etherege, Wycherley, Dryden, Behn, Shadwell, Congreve, Trotter, Southerne, Vanbrugh, and Pix—as good as a lot smooth scholarship approximately them—taint just about all female modesty with intimations of duplicity and illicit wish that has to be contained.
After the overseas good fortune within the Nineties of authors comparable to Bernhard Schlink, Marcel Beyer, and Thomas Brussig, a powerful variety of new German-language novelists are creating a major impression. a few, like Karen Duve, Daniel Kehlmann, and Sasa Stanisic, have accomplished overseas reputation; a few, like Julia Franck, have received significant prizes; others, like Clemens Meyer, Alina Bronsky, and Ilja Trojanow, are actually "emerging authors" who've all started to draw cognizance.
First released in 1994. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
First released in 1995. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- The Anticipation Novelists of 1950s French Science Fiction: Stepchildren of Voltaire (Critical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy)
- New Feminist Discourses: Critical Essays on Theories and Texts: Volume 2 (Routledge Library Editions: Women, Feminism and Literature)
- The Modes of Modern Writing: Metaphor, Metonymy, and the Typology of Modern Literature (Bloomsbury Revelations)
- Machado de Assis and Female Characterization: The Novels (Bucknell Studies in Latin American Literature and Theory)
- Race, Nation, and Reform Ideology in Winnipeg, 1880s-1920s
Additional info for Art and Womanhood in Fin-de-Siecle Writing: The Fiction of Lucas Malet, 1880–1931: Volume 1 (Gender and Genre)
Art and Womanhood in Fin-de-Siecle Writing: The Fiction of Lucas Malet, 1880–1931: Volume 1 (Gender and Genre) by Catherine Delyfer