By Travis Langley,Michael Uslan,Dennis O'Neil
Crusader, the darkish Knight who evokes worry in evildoers everywhere
Batman is likely one of the such a lot compelling and enduring characters to come back from the Golden Age of Comics, and curiosity in his tale has basically elevated via numerous incarnations in view that his first visual appeal in Detective Comics #27 in 1939. Why does this superhero with no superpowers fascinate us? What does that fascination say about us? Batman and Psychology explores those and different interesting questions on the masked vigilante, together with: Does Batman have PTSD? Why does he struggle crime? Why as a vigilante? Why the masks, the bat, and the underage associate? Why are his such a lot intimate relationships with "bad ladies" he should lock up? And why will not he kill that homicidal, green-haired clown?
- Gives you clean insights into the advanced internal international of Batman and Bruce Wayne and the lifestyles and characters of Gotham City
- Explains mental conception and ideas during the lens of 1 of the world's preferred comedian e-book characters
- Written through a psychology professor and "Superherologist" (scholar of superheroes)
Read Online or Download Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight PDF
Similar popular culture books
There was a strange reluctance at the a part of historians of the Italian American event to confront the discrimination confronted via Italians and americans of Italian ancestry. This quantity is a daring try through an esteemed team of students and writers to debate the query overtly through charting the old and cultural limitations of stereotypes, prejudice, and assimilation.
Over the past 40 years, scenes that prominently function acts of getting ready and consuming meals have crammed the pages of novels and memoirs written by way of American immigrants and their descendants simply because those writers remember the fact that consuming is greater than a merely organic functionality yet, in its place, works to outline who we're within the usa and overseas.
This quantity fills a spot within the present literature and proposes an interdisciplinary and multicultural comparative method of the effect of Hallyu world wide. The participants study the unfold of South Korean renowned items from varied views (popular tradition, sociology, anthropology, linguistics) and from varied geographical destinations (Asia, Europe, North the USA, and South America).
Acting Punk is a wealthy exploration of subcultural contrasts and similarities between punks. by way of investigating how punk is made, for whom, and towards what, this booklet takes the reader on a trip throughout the lesser-known elements of the punk subculture.
- The American People and Science Policy: The Role of Public Attitudes in the Policy Process
- Joachim Ringelnatz - Die Biografie (German Edition)
- Sting and The Police: Walking in Their Footsteps (Tempo: A Rowman & Littlefield Music Series on Rock, Pop, and Culture)
- Hallucinogenic and Poisonous Mushroom Field Guide: A Field Guide
Extra resources for Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight
Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight by Travis Langley,Michael Uslan,Dennis O'Neil