By Gina Wisker
Read Online or Download Contemporary Women's Gothic Fiction: Carnival, Hauntings and Vampire Kisses (Palgrave Gothic) PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
Incarnations of deadly ladies, or femmes fatales, recur through the works of ladies writers within the Romantic interval. Adriana Craciun demonstrates how portrayals of femmes fatales or deadly girls performed an immense position within the improvement of Romantic women's poetic identities and knowledgeable their exploration of concerns surrounding the physique, sexuality and politics.
Forrest L. Ingram is a poet married to Ann, the affection of his existence. In those poems, he celebrates unique each year remembered events similar to their first date, the 1st time they made love, they anniversaries in their marriage, and Ann's birthday. He additionally comprises within the quantity various daily love poems.
British country Romanticism contends that altering definitions of country strength within the overdue Romantic interval propelled authors to revisit the paintings of literature in addition to the occupation of authorship. commonly, critics have obvious the Romantics as inventive geniuses and considered the supposedly much less creative personality in their past due paintings as facts of declining skills.
Romantic Wars is a suite of 8 particularly commissioned essays concentrating on the relatives among British Romantic tradition (poetry, fiction, portray, and non-fictional prose) and the innovative and Napoleonic wars. when lately a lot awareness has been paid to the effect of the French Revolution on British Romanticism, relatively little has been written concerning the results of battle.
- Sympathy, Sensibility and the Literature of Feeling in the Eighteenth Century (Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the Cultures of Print)
- Haunted Presence: The Numinous in Gothic Fiction
- The Heyday of Sir Walter Scott (Routledge Revivals)
- Irish Gothics: Genres, Forms, Modes, and Traditions, 1760-1890
- Raumkonfigurationen in der Romantik (Schriften Der Internationalen Arnim-Gesellschaft) (German Edition)
- The house as Gothic element in Anglo-American fiction (18th - 20th century)
Additional resources for Contemporary Women's Gothic Fiction: Carnival, Hauntings and Vampire Kisses (Palgrave Gothic)
Contemporary Women's Gothic Fiction: Carnival, Hauntings and Vampire Kisses (Palgrave Gothic) by Gina Wisker