By Ben Frain
- Address the issues of CSS at scale, warding off the shortfalls of scaling CSS.
- The shortfalls of traditional ways to scaling CSS.
- Develop constant and enforceable selector naming conventions with ECSS.
- Learn find out how to set up undertaking constitution to extra simply isolate and decouple visible components.
Learn with me, Ben Frain, approximately tips to relatively take into consideration CSS and the way to exploit CSS for any dimension undertaking! i'm going to assist you write CSS that endures continuous generation, a number of authors, and but continuously produces predictable effects. Enduring CSS, also known as ECSS, provide you with a strong and confirmed method of authoring and protecting sort sheets at scale.
Enduring CSS isn't really a booklet approximately writing CSS, as within the stuff contained in the curly braces. this can be a e-book displaying you the way to consider CSS, and be a wiser developer with that considering! it truly is concerning the organization and structure of CSS—the elements open air the braces. i'll assist you take into consideration the points of CSS improvement that turn into the main tough a part of writing CSS in higher projects.
You'll find out about the issues of authoring CSS at scale—including specificity, the cascade and types intrinsically tied to rfile constitution. i will introduce you to the ECSS technique, and assist you to improve constant and enforceable selector naming conventions. we are going to disguise easy methods to practice ECSS in your net functions and visible version, and the way you could arrange your venture constitution properly, and deal with visible nation alterations with ARIA, supplying higher accessibility issues. moreover, we will take a deep inspect CSS tooling and technique concerns. eventually we'll handle functionality concerns via studying subject matters comparable to CSS selector velocity with demanding information and browser-representative insight.
What you are going to learn
- The difficulties of CSS at scale—specificity, the cascade and kinds intrinsically tied to point structure.
- The shortfalls of traditional ways to scaling CSS.
- The ECSS technique and the issues it solves.
- How to enhance constant and enforceable selector naming conventions with ECSS.
- How to organise venture constitution to extra simply isolate and decouple visible components.
- How to deal with nation adjustments within the DOM with ARIA or override selectors.
- How to use ECSS to net purposes and visible modules.
- Considerations of CSS tooling and processing: Sass/PostCSS and linting.
- Addressing the inspiration of CSS selector velocity with not easy information and browser consultant insight
About the Author
Ben Frain, Senior Front-end Developer at bet365, is a extensively revered CSS developer and inspiration chief. Ben is the writer of 2 profitable and extensively revered books Responsive website design with HTML5 and CSS3 and Sass and Compass for Designers, either released through Packt Publishing. Ben lives in Cheshire, England along with his spouse and teenagers. you could stick to him on Twitter at http://twitter.com/benfrain and at his site (http://benfrain.com).
Table of Contents
- Writing types for quickly altering, Long-lived Projects
- The difficulties of CSS at Scale
- Implementing got Wisdom
- Introducing the ECSS Methodology
- File business enterprise and Naming Conventions
- Dealing with country adjustments in ECSS
- Applying ECSS for your site or Application
- The Ten Commandments of Sane type Sheets
- Tooling for an ECSS Approach
- CSS Selector Performance
- Browser Representatives on CSS Performance
Read Online or Download Enduring CSS PDF
Similar web programming books
In DetailMarkdown is turning into increasingly more renowned. The simplicity of Markdown and the benefits that it has to supply has ended in a big upward push within the variety of websites and functions that use it. The conversion of straightforward human readable textual content structure to HTML hasn't ever been so basic, because of Markdown.
Up-to-date for Ruby 2. 2, this useful reference deals short but transparent motives of Ruby’s middle elements—from operators to blocks to documentation creation—and highlights the main positive aspects you'll paintings with each day. want to know the proper syntax for a conditional? Forgot the identify of that String technique?
Layout web pages quicker than ever utilizing Sass--the so much mature and renowned CSS meta-language. On any platform, combine Sass into your undertaking, create a reusable sort consultant, and use maps to greatly decrease duplication on your stylesheets. you will see how one can code the best approach in Sass with brief, transparent examples on two-page spreads that convey the reason on one facet and code examples at the different.
Key FeaturesA step by step consultant yet at a excessive level/fast speed. now not all steps are lined as a easy wisdom is assumedProvides a simple assessment of the ideas however the concentration is on delivering the sensible abilities required to increase applicationsFocuses on delivering useful examplesBook DescriptionThis e-book explains how you can use CORS, together with particular implementations for systems comparable to Drupal, WordPress, IIS Server, ASP.
- Beginning Laravel: A beginner's guide to application development with Laravel 5.3
- Creación de Páginas Web con WordPress (Spanish Edition)
- The Node Craftsman Book
- Instant Hands-on Testing with PHPUnit How-to
- Responsives Design mit WordPress: Themes und Plugins für Desktop, Tablet und Smartphone entwickeln (German Edition)
- Learning Ext JS 3.2
Additional info for Enduring CSS
Enduring CSS by Ben Frain