By Jacob Neusner,Bruce D. Chilton,R. E. Tully
Read or Download Just War in Religion and Politics (Jacob Neusner Series: Religion/Social Order) PDF
Similar war & peace books
For many years, we’ve been stunned through photos of violent clashes among Israelis and Palestinians within the West financial institution and Gaza. yet for all their energy, these photographs depart us at a loss: from our vantage at domestic, it’s tough for us to visualize the struggles of these residing in the middle of the combating. Now, American-born Israeli David Shulman takes us correct into the center of the clash with darkish wish, an eye-opening chronicle of his paintings as a member of the peace crew Ta‘ayush, which takes its identify from the Arabic for “living jointly.
John Howard Yoder used to be one of many significant theologians of the past due 20th century. ahead of his demise, he deliberate the essays and constitution of this publication, which he meant to be his final paintings. Now major interpreters of Yoder carry that paintings to fruition. The e-book is split into 3 sections: pacifism, simply warfare idea, and simply peacemaking thought.
Wissenschaftliche Studie aus dem Jahr 2010 im Fachbereich Soziologie - Krieg und Frieden, Militär, , Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Die Truppenführung (TF) 1910 kannte den Begriff der Gefechtsart noch nicht. Es werden lediglich der Angriff und die Verteidigung in ihren Vor- und Nachteilen beschrieben. Dabei wird sowohl das Begriffspaar Angriff und Verteidigung als auch das Begriffspaar Offensive und protective verwandt.
This quantity goals to supply a close rationalization of the consequences of cooperation and coordination on overseas multiparty mediation in conflicts. modern scholarship stresses that the the most important elements for a profitable multiparty mediation are ‘consistency in pursuits’ and ‘cooperation and coordination’ among mediators.
- Ukraine and Beyond: Russia's Strategic Security Challenge to Europe
- The EU and Conflict Resolution: Promoting Peace in the Backyard (Routledge/UACES Contemporary European Studies)
- Refusing to be Enemies: Palestinian and Israeli Nonviolent Resistance to the Israeli Occupation
- The "Other" Karen in Myanmar: Ethnic Minorities and the Struggle without Arms (AsiaWorld)
- Rebuilding War-Torn States: The Challenge of Post-Conflict Economic Reconstruction
- When Men Lost Faith in Reason: Reflections on War and Society in the Twentieth Century (Studies in Military History and International Affairs)
Additional info for Just War in Religion and Politics (Jacob Neusner Series: Religion/Social Order)
Just War in Religion and Politics (Jacob Neusner Series: Religion/Social Order) by Jacob Neusner,Bruce D. Chilton,R. E. Tully