By Mark D. White
Avengers gather! Tackling exciting dilemmas and concerns that no unmarried nice thinker can face up to, this robust ebook enlists the brainpower of an A-list workforce of history's such a lot famous thinkers to discover the topics in the back of the motion of surprise Comics' all-star superhero team.
- Arms you with new insights into the characters and issues of The Avengers
- Deepens your appreciation either one of The Avengers comics and the Joss Whedon motion picture adaptation
- Answers the philosophical questions you may have continually had approximately Earth's Mightiest Heroes, together with: Can a reformed felony develop into a superhero? Can an android love a human? If a hero beats his spouse, is he nonetheless a hero?
- Helps you think that another way in regards to the participants of the superhero team—Captain the US, Iron guy, Thor, and the others
This thought-provoking publication may also help you know this band of superheroes larger, even if you may have the Avengers for years or are a Joss Whedon fan simply discovering them.
Read Online or Download The Avengers and Philosophy: Earth's Mightiest Thinkers (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series Book 31) PDF
Similar popular culture books
There was a strange reluctance at the a part of historians of the Italian American event to confront the discrimination confronted by way of Italians and american citizens of Italian ancestry. This quantity is a daring test through an esteemed team of students and writers to debate the query overtly via charting the old and cultural barriers of stereotypes, prejudice, and assimilation.
Over the past 40 years, scenes that prominently characteristic acts of getting ready and consuming nutrients have crammed the pages of novels and memoirs written by means of American immigrants and their descendants simply because those writers keep in mind that consuming is greater than a in basic terms organic functionality yet, as an alternative, works to outline who we're within the usa and out of the country.
This quantity fills a niche within the present literature and proposes an interdisciplinary and multicultural comparative method of the impression of Hallyu around the globe. The participants learn the unfold of South Korean well known items from diverse views (popular tradition, sociology, anthropology, linguistics) and from assorted geographical destinations (Asia, Europe, North the USA, and South America).
Appearing Punk is a wealthy exploration of subcultural contrasts and similarities between punks. by way of investigating how punk is made, for whom, and against what, this ebook takes the reader on a trip in the course of the lesser-known points of the punk subculture.
- Negotiating National Identities: Between Globalization, the Past and 'the Other' (Research in Migration and Ethnic Relations)
- An Anthropology of Absence: Materializations of Transcendence and Loss
- Of Dice and Men: The Story of Dungeons & Dragons and The People Who
- Progressive Country: How the 1970s Transformed the Texan in Popular Culture
Additional info for The Avengers and Philosophy: Earth's Mightiest Thinkers (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series Book 31)
The Avengers and Philosophy: Earth's Mightiest Thinkers (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series Book 31) by Mark D. White